Sunday, January 20, 2008

So Much for the Long Weekend!!

Matt and I were very excited for this long weekend, but things took a wrong turn on Friday evening when Matt was driving home from work. He was in an accident on the freeway. He was completely stopped in the fastlane on I-15 by the 215 interchange when a car slammed into the car behind him, then that car slammed into Matt, and Matt slammed into the car infront of him. Luckily the only thing that was damaged was the car (probably a total loss). Matt walked away, and wasn't even sore the next day. The whole trunk was smashed in almost up to the rear window. I took a few pictures of the accident with my cell phone, but we are going to the tow yard tomorrow to pick up a few last things from his car, and I will take better pictures and post them as soon as I can.

When scary things like this happen it really makes you evaluate your life. I don't know what I would have done if Matt would have been seriously injured in this accident. I am just really grateful that he is ok....and here right now.... singing Dave Matthews Band at the top of his lungs with his IPOD in. :) Gotta love him!!

6 comments:

Lance and Alayna said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! That is SO scary! I am glad to hear that he wasn't hurt at all. You can definitely count your blessings there.

Melanie said...

oh my goodness! We are so relieved that Matt just walked away! What an incredible blessing! What would we all do without Matt? Love you guys lots!

Trish said...

Mandy, I am so glad to hear that Matt is ok. I am so sorry. He is so lucky. I guess Monday will be spent looking for a new car. Now maybe he will get that truck he wants :)

Sam and Rachelle said...

I am so happy that Matt is okay! You and Matt definitely have a guardian angel over you considering you have both been in potentially bad accidents and both were able to walk away! Sam and I watched the Lookout last night, the main character was in a really bad accident, as I was watching I was thinking how blessed Matt was to be in a freeway accident and be able to walk away with no major injuries. So Scary!!

Sam and Rachelle said...

I think Matt would look cute in a small truck!! Like an Tocoma, or something similar.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Matt is okay!!! That is so scary. I think you and Matt should get whatever kind of car that works the best for the both of you.
Talk to you later, Amy