Monday, June 13, 2011

It's a GIRL!!!

I had my 19 week ultrasound today. It was probably the most exciting moment of my life so far. Here's the whole story:

Here's the picture showing that it's a girl.
I had heard that drinking orange juice will make the baby more active during the ultrasound, so I bought a bottle of orange juice and drank it about an hour and 15 minutes before my appointment. As the ultrasound technician started the ultrasound, the baby was definitely sleeping and curled up in a little ball (head down - face right on my bladder). The ultrasound tech said "Ah, right now we can't see anything to give us a hint as to what the gender will be, but we'll take some measurements and come back to see if it moves at all." She continued on with the ultrasound and the baby slept the time away. I made a silly comment saying, "come on baby - move around!" and right then the baby lifted its hand up right in the view of the ultrasound and gave us a thumbs up. Totally cute!

Here's the face profile
Baby started moving around a little bit, legs and arms, and finally switched position so that it was face up, sitting on my bladder. It was then that the ultrasound tech said, "OK, last minute predictions?" and I stuck with my gut and said that it was going to be a boy, and Matt jumped on that wagon as well. Then she told said, "Nope, it's a GIRL!!" I was totally speechless and started bawling! It's crazy how fast knowing the gender makes this entire process become complete reality. All I could think about was having this beautiful little girl in my arms. . . I can hardly wait!


This picture made me laugh . . .she totally looks like skeletor. :)
Everything looked great and normal through the rest of the ultrasound, and she even laid back, and kicked up her legs at the end of the ultrasound. Our technician said, "wow, you are going to have a very mellow little girl."

Here's is our mellow little girls legs. . .totally kicked out, just enjoying the ride.

During the middle of the ultrasound, when the tech was showing us the blood flow from the umbilical cord, the baby kicked really hard - turning the whole screen red (since it was the part where you can see the blood flow in color) and the tech was surprised that I couldn't feel the kick. Hopefully I will be able to start feeling the kicks in the next few weeks. Yet another thing to look forward to.

9 comments:

Camille said...

I am so excited for both of you. You are going to make a FABULOUS mom.

Marilee said...

I am so happy for you and Matt. SHE is a very lucky young lady to be part of such a great family. I love your happiness!!!!!!!

The Sants said...

So happy for you guys! You will be wonderful parents. And I tell you what, in the 4 months that Brooklyn has been....well, let's just say there's something about daddy's and their little girls. :) Does Matt have his shotgun ready? ;)

Aania Gowans said...

Mandy! Its Aania!!! OH MY CRAP I am soooooo jealous and extremely happy for you and Matt!!!!!! Yay for healthy babies and pregnancies!
Congrats!

Trish said...

Congrats Mandy...we are so excited for you and Matt and little baby GIRL Goodwin. She will be beautiful just like her mommy!

Stephers said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing :) I love seeing all the pictures! So much fun to hear the entire story and how excited you were :) Love it.

The Evans said...

I am so excited for you both. Girls are awesome. You are going to be such great parents. Enjoy every minute!!!

Deidra said...

I love your story, so fun! That's so exciting! Yay! I love your belly page too! Such a great idea, and you look so cute with your tiny belly starting to pop out!
Congratulations! Your little girl is going to be adorable!

Wells and Holly said...

How exciting! You will be such a great mommy!