Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Updates


Matt Update
Matt is still looking for a job. He had an interview last week with Questar Gas that sounds pretty promising. He has applied at a number of different places, but the economy isn't helping his situation at all. He has been keeping himself busy with school up at the U, but I can tell he is getting pretty bored. He is over being sad, and I think now he is just irritated. He is definitely a busy-body, and staying home 3 days a week is killing him!!
Mandy Update
I just finished up my last week and a half of school and I am now off track for 3 1/2 weeks! We finished our time on track with our 3rd grade patriotic program "Freedom Isn't Free." The kids did a wonderful job, and they worked so hard. It was really a neat program to be a part of, and the parents were all so excited that they cried tears of joy!

I have to say that January is the hardest month to teach. We are all tired from the holidays, and it kind of stinks that you have to go from all that excitement, back to your regular life. I am pleased to have a break for a few weeks, but I do have to say that if Matt and I are going to be home together all the time during these next 3 1/2 weeks,we will probably kill each other! Don't get me wrong, we are completely happy and in love, but you can only spend so much time together. Those of you that are married should understand what I mean. Matt is already tired of being home, and I am excited to be able to be home and do some of the things that I haven't been able to do because I have been too busy. Hopefully he will get a job soon and we won't drive each other nuts.

9 comments:

Sam and Rachelle said...

1st - I hate you. I want 3 weeks off. You suck. lol.
2nd - I make my photo collages through a program called Picasa. They only have it available through PC though:( I really want it on our Mac at home. Total bummer.
3rd- Good luck Matt!! That has gotta be hard to have all that free time. Sam would be going crazy too. Well, maybe. His school schedule is pretty crazy, he would love to be interning instead of working...one day. lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey if Matt is interested in being a banker, Mike has one more spot to hire at his branch!!! Let me know! oh and we want to get together..... we need to stop saying we should and just do it. lol

Trish said...

good luck with all the time off. Maybe we should meet one day and go to lunch. I am sad I won't see you this weekend, but have fun in Sealtle.
PS I know I need to update, I am a total slacker and you got it, I have been crochetting like a maniac.

Shanda Mattsson said...

Yay for D Track!! Your program was so awesome! You guys worked hard with those kids! Great Job! I loved it!

The Q's said...

Don't feel bad about your comment because if Brad and I were together that much we would probably kill eachother also! We are rooting for you Matt!! I am glad you have some time off, Mandy!

Lance and Alayna said...

Totally know where you are coming from on the whole spending too much time together thing. It has nothing to do with being in love or not. When Lance and I have too much time together, there is usually a fight.

I am glad that someone still believes in America and what the flag stands for. Thanks for teaching your kids that stuff.

Good luck Matt!! The banking industry isn't too bad. So if the Questar thing doesn't work out, try the banking position. Then we can share horror stories! ;)

The Sants said...

Have fun off track! I'm sad to be back on. :( Let us know how the job hunt goes and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Anytime is good for us!!! I get off at 4 everyday and have weekends off! We're going to St. George next weekend (the 6-8) and Mike is going out of town for training the 9-12... so anytime besides that! we're lame and don't do anything. lol

Stephers said...

I totally get what you are saying, about being home together for long periods of time. Just keep yourself busy doing projects that only you can do and it won't seem like you are in each others space! Hope the job at Questar works out for Matt, I know you have been so worried :) We will keep you in our thoughts.