Monday, February 2, 2009

Sleepless in Seattle


Matt and I just got back from vacationing in Seattle. My best friend Deidra and her husband Chris moved there last summer, so we were able to go and spend some quality time with them and their cute little baby Andon. It was such a fun and relaxing trip. Matt and I needed a nice, relaxing get-away after the month we have had. Thanks Dee for letting us come and crash at your house for the weekend! We had a blast!!

We went to a really neat Tai restaurant on Friday night called Indochine that was in Tacoma. It was the prettiest restaurant I have ever been to. Deidra and Chris love Tai food, and Matt and I had never been to a Tai restaurant, so it was a fun new experience. We didn't have a reservation when we got to the restaurant, so the only table they had available was in a private room that was set up for a party that wouldn't be arriving for more than an hour. We were the only people in the room, so we felt really special! Andon was a good sport through most of the meal, but when Deidra tried to feed him a bottle it leaked and he was SOAKING wet, so after that he wasn't very happy.

Matt went golfing on Saturday while Deidra and I hung out and did a little bit of shopping. Poor Chris ended up having to work all weekend, but we still had a blast hanging out with him at night.

Superbowl Sunday was a lot of fun! We made 7-layer dip and Chris's brother came over to watch the game with us. Matt is always really loud when we watch any sporting event, and I don't think Andon was used to seeing someone get so loud all of the sudden. It was funny because he would just be playing on the floor, and Matt would jump up and start clapping or yelling at the TV and Andon would stop everything and just stare at Matt. At least it didn't make him cry or anything....Matt can get really loud!!

I was so glad that I got to spend the weekend with Deidra and her cute family. While we were there we realized that it has been about 5 years since we have spent more than a few hours with Chris and Deidra. As soon as they were married they moved outside of Utah and we haven't ever been able to visit them. It was nice to know that we are the type of friends that can stay close after not being together for such a long time. Thanks for the vacation guys! We love you!!

6 comments:

Trish said...

I'm glad you had a great time. We need to hang out while you are off track. Let me know if you have time one Friday. That is my best day. We could do lunch.:)

Shanda Mattsson said...

That is fun. Good for you to get away and relax a bit too! I really like the name Andon - cute cute! And I loved watching your slideshow with all your pictures!

I dont know if you got my shower invite since we are off track and Amy passed them out since we've been off, but she is throwing a shower on Friday after school if you want to come and hang! : )

Sam and Rachelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam and Rachelle said...

I am glad you guys got to get away for the weekend! It looks like you had a lot of fun, and that Andon is SO cute. I can't get enough of that smile. Hope you are enjoying your break.

Deidra said...

We had so much fun Mandy! Thank you guys so much for coming to visit us! We just love visitors and we couldn't have had better company! It really did feel like no time had passed at all, it felt just the same as it always has! I love that!

Cowgirl Miyake said...

Hi Mandy!
Your hair is adorable on you and both you and Matt looked like you really had a lot of fun with Deidra and Chris. I have a couple of friends like them. . . .we don't see each other for a few years and when we do it's like no time has gone by . . . .what a great friendship to have. You are just darling!

Always,
Candace Miyake
I like that guy Chris already, because he is serving our country! Kristyn is doing great! Second in her class! Graduates in Nuclear Chemistry around October, so I'll be taking a week off of school to be there. I can't believe what a difference it has made in her. Thank you for being there for me at a time that was so difficult for me. I will always remember you for it. xoxoxo