Saturday, May 23, 2009

Out of Commission....

So I started training for the half marathon that Trish and I are running in August about 2 weeks ago. I was doing really well, then this last Monday at the gym.....more specifically "boot camp"..... as I was running sideways over steps, I sprained my left ankle. SUCKS!! I have never sprained my ankle before, and I am having a really hard time dealing with it. Needless to say, this has cut off my training for a few weeks. I can hardly walk on it without limping, so I don't think I will be running for at least another week.

Keep training Trish.....hopefully I will be able to join you soon.

5 comments:

Deidra said...

That sucks Mandy! I'm sorry. Hopefully it will heal fast. I bet it's hard teaching with a sprained ankle too!

Anonymous said...

Mandy! That sucks so bad... oh and I just BARELY got your comment about the days you were running last week.. lol. well when your ankle gets better we'll go run!! :)

Trish said...

I am so sorry. I know you just wanted a good excuse to ditch me this year like I did last year...just kidding. I really hope you heal up soon.

Stephers said...

Sorry about the ankle. Hopefully it will heal soon and you will be back to kickin everyone's butt!

The Q's said...

That really sucks! I hope you get better soon!!