Monday, August 11, 2008

I DID IT!!

On Saturday I ran in my first half marathon. It was definitely the hardest thing I have ever done! I am so proud of myself that I finished and I followed through with something that I set out to do.

I had to be in Provo at 5:00 A.M., so Matt and I left our house at 4:30 A.M.! The race started at 6:30, and there were a ton of runners ready to go. We were bussed up South Fork canyon to the start of the race. Matt was such a sweetheart and was there bright and early to support me. He walked with me to the bus, but that was as far as he could go.

My dad also came to support me, and he and Matt were there when I crossed the finish line.

I finished the race in 2 hours and 36 minutes. It was not the time that I had hoped for, but it was a relief just to finish the race. The last 3 miles were the hardest miles of the entire race, but I did it!I am still having a hard time walking, and it has been 2 days since the race. Matt keeps making fun of me when I 'waddle' down the stairs. I am starting to feel better today though, and I am already starting to think about what I am going to do next.

10 comments:

Lance and Alayna said...

WOW! Way to go Mandy! That is an accomplishment worth bragging about. I would be happy to walk a 5k at this point, so pat yourself on the back for finishing a half mile. Seriously, that is awesome! Way to go!

Breeeee said...

That's awesome mandy! Congrats! i need to start running and getting back into shape! next one you do let me know (far in advance) and i will do it with you!

Trish said...

Mandy, That is to coolest think ever. I love that you did it. I know that I am a slacker and didn't do it with you, but I cannot tell you how proud I am of you that you did it all by yourself. Way to go. You are amazing.

The Q's said...

I have so much admiration for you!! That is amazing - good job Mandy!!!!!

The Evans said...

Mandy I am proud of you. You look so cute. I wish I was their to cheer you on Sorry. Lisa

Kristine Gracey said...

I dont mind stalking. I do it too...like now. Thank you for your comment. And i just wanted to say freakin awesome with the run! I can barely do 2 miles without dying.

Sam and Rachelle said...

Woot Woot!! Good Job Girlie!!

Sam and Rachelle said...

Love the layout :) Very pretty.

Jessica, Sarah, Crystal, and Jeni said...

Congratulations Mandy! You are amazing! I could never do that. Wow!

Shanda Mattsson said...

Wow..I didn't know you did that. That is really cool! Good for you! I'm going to love reading your blog!!