Thursday, September 4, 2008

Swiss Days

We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend spending time with my family in Midway. Matt and I got off work early on Friday- picked up Lisa, Stella and Macy -and made the drive up to Midway. Once we got there Lisa and I decided to head on over to Swiss Days before they closed up for the night. I did a lot of window shopping that night and Lisa picked up a few cute things for her girls.
On Saturday the guys went 4-wheeling and Golfing, so the girls headed on over to Swiss Days again. It was really hot, but a lot of fun! I bought a really cute watch and a cute decoration for our bedroom. It was a lot of fun to walk around all the shops and check out the neat things that they sell, but the best part was getting to spend time with my sisters and my mom. I feel like I hardly get to see my family at all since I started school again, so it was a nice weekend filled with family time. I feel like Matt and I didn't spend a whole lot of time together, but I was glad that we both had such a great time.
Sunday was a very relaxing day. I honestly don't think I left the house at all (except for walking Macy). Trish and I were the queens of playing Phase 10 and Sequence, and we tried our best to get everyone involved. At one point every single person was playing (Trish and Lisa's girls kept picking whose team they wanted to be on based on who was winning) even my mom and dad played a little.
It was a nice break from our busy lives. I can't wait until next year when we can do it all again! Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Breeeee said...

i agree! Swiss days was fun!!! It was good to see you! Mike works this weekend so that kinda blows the our whole weekend. what are you guys doing tonight though?... we've got NO plans :)

Sam and Rachelle said...

Sounds like fun!! I love that frame you bought up at Swiss days - forever ago. lol.

Lance and Alayna said...

Sounds like relaxing fun! Next time you are up there, check out the Cuckoo Cafe. My other mom just bought it a month or so ago. I didn't get a chance to go up there, but I hear it is fabulous!