Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's a Boy!

Lisa and Brian finally broke the Postma curse of only having either boys or girls. They welcomed little Breken into the world yesterday morning at 12:06 AM. He weighed 7 lbs 10 oz.

He is the sweetest little guy. Matt and I were able to watch him take his first bath. He was so cold and kept shaking his arms. Matt thought that was pretty funny. Emery was such a wonderful big sister and was able to help give her new baby brother a bath.
Lisa went into labor on Friday afternoon. When I went to visit her in the hospital on Friday she was only dialated to a 3 and they knew it would be a while before she had him. She was at the hospital from about 3:30 on Friday afternoon and didn't have him until 12:06 Saturday morning. It was a longer labor than she has ever had, but she is incredible! Once again she didn't have an epidural (spelling?) and when Matt and I went to see her on Saturday at around 10:30 she was up and walking around getting Breken ready for his bath. She is such a nurse! I have never seen someone who just gave birth not even 12 hours ago walk around. She is amazing!! I told Matt not to expect me to do that. I don't think I have a very high pain tolerance, and I will probably be screaming like a little baby. Hopefully I can take some pointers from my wonderwoman sister. I don't have all the pictures that I wanted to post of him yet, so I will post the rest when I get them. Enjoy looking at my newest nephew!

4 comments:

Stephers said...

You will have to tell her congrats for us. He is absolutely darling. Hope we get to meet him soon. You are the best AUNTY, I know he he loves you already :)

Shanda Mattsson said...

I dont know who she is but congrats to her! That is so exciting and he is so cute!!

The Sants said...

He is so cute! I'm still waiting for my brother to send me pictures of my niece that was born 2 weeks ago!

Sam and Rachelle said...

Congrats!! You finally have a nephew in state!! lol. He is just adorable, tell Lisa congrats!! I love the polka-dot blanket :) I am totally impressed with her pain-killer free delivery - AMAZING. I am with ya on the dying in the corner - begging for it. lol.