Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Break in St. George

Matt and I had a blast in St. George this last weekend. We headed down on Wednesday and stayed until Sunday night. It was such a fun and relaxing weekend. We were there with my parents, Trish and Tyler, and their 3 kids. We spent a lot of time just relaxing, shopping, swimming, and riding on my parents scooters. It is so much fun to be able to do whatever you want and not worry about school and what you have to do the next day. I loved it!

We went to Mesquite on Friday night. They were having a seafood buffet, and my family loves crab so we were all in heaven. We also went to In-and-Out Burger almost everyday that we were down there. That is the reason that I started running again. :)


Matt was really excited because he finally got me out on the golf course. We were able to play golf with my parents at the beautiful Sand Hollow course. I couldn't believe how pretty a golf course could be! It makes me realize why Matt loves golf so much. It really is a peaceful place to be. I had a great time. (I shot a 62 on 9 holes. Pretty terrible!!)

My mom and I had a blast watching my dad and Matt take their game very seriously! :) It was funny because My mom yelled "Thank You" to someone right when Matt was hitting his driver, and I took a picture of Matt right when he was in his backswing. He was losing his patience with us. :)



This course was made to resemble the old course in Scotland. My dad has played there a few times, so he kept us up to date on the similarities.


I had to post a picture of my swing. Matt told me that I had good follow-through. I was proud of myself because I can actually hit the ball now. That always make a day of golf WAY more fun.

7 comments:

Sam and Rachelle said...

I am jealous!! It looks like you guys had a blast. And as to your "nothing to update about" well, not a good excuse. I post about pillows...how exciting is that!!he-he.

Lance and Alayna said...

That looks so fun. It looks warm there. I am sure that was a nice break. Your follow through does look really good. Not that I know anything about golf, but you look like a pro to me!! :)

Deidra said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! Glad you guys had a good time!

Trish said...

We had so much fun with you guys. My kids love you and have really enjoyed hanging out with you more lately. I hope you get some more golf in before the snow hits. It may be a LONG winter before you get to practice your swing again.

Shanda Mattsson said...

It is so great that you are getting out and taking some relaxing time for yourself! I am jealous! Your golf swing looks good!

Cowgirl Miyake said...

Wow! That looks like a lot of fun! Believe it or not I use to golf. Your pictures brought back memories. Maybe Ken and I will have to take it up again now that we are "empty nesters"!
Funny about your mom yelling "thank you" right when Matt went to swing! Would have loved seeing his face!
Your mom looks so cute . . . .as always!
Keep in touch!
Candace Miyake

tami and jerald said...

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. What a great break from the real world. We need to go to lunch sometime while you are off. Call me. Tami