Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Time to Paint!


I have been talking about painting our living room for about 4 months, and since I am off track I finally had the time. I painted one accent wall in our living room, and one accent wall in a nook just off the kitchen. It took me 3 days to get it the perfect shade, and our house was completely torn apart for those 3 days! While I was painting the walls I also decided to spray paint our hutch that is in the nook. It used to be a dark green, and I painted it a dark brown. It looks so good! It is amazing how much a little paint can change the whole look of your house. I am loving it! Here are some pictures. Enjoy!
Here is a before picture that was taken sometime last year (with my hubby in a lovely position)

Here is the after picture. I love it!!

Here is a picture of our big mess!!! It was not pretty!

Here is our hutch and the nook that I painted.

Now that I am done painting this room I see why people say that it is addicting. I now want to paint our bedroom wall brown. We will see what happens, but as for right now we are both enjoying our new orange living room. Just in time for Halloween. :)

7 comments:

The Evans said...

mandy i love it. great job. maybe you can come to my house and give me some help!!

Sam and Rachelle said...

Painting is WAY addicting. It is the only thing that can totally change the mood in your room so drastically!! I'm glad your turning into a color freak like me!! yeah!!

Shanda Mattsson said...

Wow...nice job! I'm goign to paint my baby room while I'm off too...funny we're spending our off track time painting! Your house looks great though!

Breeeee said...

It looks so good!!!! I can't wait to see your house on Friday.. FINALLY!!!!! we're coming for sure!! we just (well mike did) painted our bathroom brown and are going to paint one of our walls brown!! LOVE IT!!!!

Deidra said...

I love that color! It looks great!

Lance and Alayna said...

That is an awesome color especially with the other colors in that room. It totally brings out all the other colors in the room! Good job!

Stephers said...

Love the color. We have an accent wall in our living room as well, they are so much fun... and addicting :) Happy Painting!